A Rangers blog, in association with Soccer24-7.com

Friday 1 October 2010

Kenny Miller: Player of the Month - again

Good afternoon everyone,

The main news today is that Kenny Miller has won the player of the month award for September, which is no suprise after maintaining his excellent start of season form that saw him win the award for August as well. Neil Lennon won the manager of the month award, but they're still second so we'll forget about that.

Kenny spoke to the official site today, showing his desire to be involved in every match:

"I want to play in every game. I got a rest last week against Dunfermline, but I was disappointed because I wanted to be playing in that game.

"It is tough, and not just on me. When you play on a Sunday and then you have a Champions League game on the Wednesday and the effort that goes in to that it's hard when you're away again on Saturday morning.

"It's been a really demanding week and because of that it's been pretty low key in training.

"But as long as we go to Hearts and get three points it will be a really good week"

..and you can't really argue with that. I think the main concern most will have with Miller is how his hamstrings hold up to playing twice a week, especially when he's putting in the kind of shift he did against Bursaspor - a role he's likely to play for Scotland as well. I'd certainly worry how we would replace him in European matches were he to pick up an injury, as Beattie has looked far from convincing thus far. I wish Jelavic was available...but that's just me being pessimistic (or Scottish?) and hopefully Kenny can continue his fine form and remain injury free.

The other worry of course is that he's still not signed a new contract, and can begin talks for a bosman move to other clubs in January. I'm confident he'll sign (mind you, I was also confident Boyd would sign, but that's another blog entirely), and the sooner we can get it done the better.

That's all for now. Match preview for the Jam Tarts match coming up shortly, check back later for that!



No comments:

Post a Comment